Friday, October 23, 2009

Control Freak?

I never thought of myself as a control freak, rather I just have always had expectations about the way my life was suppose to be. You know.... graduatate high school, go to college, fall in love, get a career, marry prince charming and have a baby. I didn't think of this plan a fairytale; rather I believed it was my destiney. Well, 90% went as planned, but the baby thing was my unexpected hurdle. Dealing with infertility was something unexpected and extremely damaging to my self esteem and sense of stability. I guess you learn that nothing is a guarntee in life and plans are often changed or difficult to achieve. So much about coping with infertility was about being out of control of me. I found comfort in the serenity prayer:


Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,


The courage to change the things that I can,


And the wisdom to know the difference.

Find a way to control what you can in your situation (nutrition, physician, treatment cycles, reading material and support system) 


No comments:

Post a Comment